Thanks for the links mate, very interesting stuff. Obviously...

1. 3,284 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Thanks for the links mate, very interesting stuff. Obviously still very early on the Magnesium front "researchers estimating that it could be 20 years before these batteries go mainstream".

It's a shame about Aquion, seems they really just got prices out before they had time for their business to mature and scale.

There's an interesting company I have been keeping an eye on if you're interested called 1414 degrees. They were going to list on the ASX, however I think they may be reassessing after quite a lot of interest.

I don't think it will take a lot for a new battery technology to go mainstream if it's implemented by one of the bigger electronics producers.

After the Note 7, I'm sure Samsung are looking at viable options to not only increase the energy storage but reduce the fire hazard associated with Lithium batteries.

Imagine if Samsung and Apple both implement a larger storage, lighter and fireproof battery... they are market leaders and many other electronic producers would be sure to follow suit if the materials were cheaper and the performance better.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.