XRO 0.43% $133.32 xero limited

@dunjo I would add on that: for US best comparison is quickbooks...

1. 1,158 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 593
    @dunjo
    I would add on that:
    for US best comparison is quickbooks online versus xero
    for UK best comparison is quickbooks versus xero
    For worldwide best comparison is quickbooks versus xero
    The latter really shows how xero is eroding the market share of Intuit over the last 5 years.

But the google trends data is so-so, it really only confirms whatever you are looking for, because there are seasonal trends as well as these different choices of words you can use.

The hard numbers are the subscriber numbers. Google trends just confirms these trends, and probably tells you a bit more about the organic versus non-organic growth of these numbers (in particular the UK growth for QBO is far greater than would be expected based on google trends, suggesting paid acquisition compared to organic growth). But this is pretty interpretative. A better look through for this is still LTV/CAC which Xero is ~8 to QBOs 5.

If you are looking for leading indicators of subscriber numbers, the other thing to look at is the advisor directory. Although the points system has changed in general platinum partners have lots of clients > gold > silver > bronze. If you compare the markets, you will see that the total number of advisors does not directly correlate with sub numbers, in fact, a lot of the heavy lifting is by the big guys. So, actually growth in platinum and gold partners is good leading indicator. When I first started looking more than 12 months ago, there were no platinum partners in the US and less than one page of gold partners. It is a very different story now.

Then there are others like Alexa, looking at the makeup of the feature request section of the Xero business community (new subs tend to put in new feature requests immediately).

All of these things however just give you something to do to make up time, whilst waiting for the twice-yearly updates from the company which are the real deal.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XRO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$133.32
Change
-0.570(0.43%)
Mkt cap ! $20.22B
Open High Low Value Volume
$134.00 $134.17 $132.02 $67.47M 507.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 357 $133.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$133.40 8 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$133.32
  Change
-0.570 ( 0.35 %)
Open High Low Volume
$133.33 $134.12 $132.06 18225
Last updated 15.59pm 29/03/2024 ?
XRO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.