XRO 0.43% $133.32 xero limited

Xero or Quickbooks online - who will win and how?

1. 4 Posts.
    We are a small Xero shareholder and Silver Partners with 60 plus Xero clients in the UK.  We are a small accounting practice, established 5 years ago and have  been 100% Xero accountants and are starting to pick up some traction.

According to the  article https://www.merchantmaverick.com/xero-vs-quickbooks-online/ Xero comes out marginal winners.

This says to me, that QB will continue to bridge the gap and perhaps start to pick up a much larger UK slice of the Online market.  Recently QB have embarked on a large TV advertising campaign, at a critical time in the UK as Cloud Accounting is where all of our clients want to be. They typically arrive with us having started a Xero account or trial and then need support.

This, as recent as 12-18 months ago was rare.  We usually had to convince clients that Xero was the solution.  Actually they never needed a lot of convincing.

Anyway, if there is so little between the two and Intuit have infinitely more cash to throw at the problem, will there will be one winner ultimately?  

As Xero is a better product (maybe only marginally) who have lead development direction, I suspect Intuit would have been better to have bought Xero 3 years ago.

My questions though:
    Even though QB is inferior, will they become the market leaders because of their huge marketing budget?
    Do we foresee another big player buying Xero?
    How will Xero fair in the US where so many corporations are tied to QB desktop?

My optimism for being a small long term shareholder is waning, despite some very upbeat views here generally.

We love Xero, but wonder if our enthusiasm is blinding us in terms of reality.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XRO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$133.32
Change
-0.570(0.43%)
Mkt cap ! $20.22B
Open High Low Value Volume
$134.00 $134.17 $132.02 $66.96M 503.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25 $133.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$133.34 267 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$133.32
  Change
-0.570 ( 0.35 %)
Open High Low Volume
$133.33 $134.12 $132.06 18225
Last updated 15.59pm 28/03/2024 ?
XRO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.