1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
MNS 36.0¢

will MNS outwit SYR?

1. DSD

15,757 Posts.

2 years ago SYR held all the G cards. I've bought and sold a couple of times (as posted) and done ok. Currently hold SYR and have strong faith in quality and size of their high grade G deposit which exposes to the surface, has plenty access to water, roads and harbour. So SYR looks the goods.

Thing is, SYR continually delays the release of their DFS. it's an ongoing saga and I've said as much on SYR threads. But the continuing delay by SYR could play into MNS hands. Each month the DFS fails to eventuate is one month closer to MNS releasing theirs. Without doubt both companies will need to raise capital for plant. But sense that past 2 yrs has allowed MNS to gain ground, while SYR has moved slowly fwds. I've often suggested reasons why SYR has been so slow, but so far company has not been forthcoming to shareholders.

The SYR DFS is due before end of Feb preferably sooner. If they delay/postpone yet again (making it about 5x) then MNS will use this to blow their own trumpet to everyone between Tanzania and China. i'm sure i'll hear it sitting here in seapoint. G mkt is set to grow massively over next 10 yrs and new mines are needed. First to have a (finished) quality product on offer will have substantial advantage.

Is it conceivable MNS can pinch SYR's advantage?

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.