1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

Why our world is turning to [email protected]???

1. Yak

13,672 posts.
    Mulling over my coffee and croissant I found myself thinking about the state of the world at the present.

Seems chaotic?

Spinning out of control?

Order breaking down?

Seemed to me like it sounded vaguely familiar.

Got me thinking about society as a system... a system within a bigger system. The bigger system being Earth per se, nature perhaps...the Universe maybe.....

And I started to think that maybe as a sytem we are subject to the same sort of laws and axioms that apply to the more physical sytems we are more familiar with

Take for example 2 that come to mind.

First...entropy (2nd law of thermo/dynamics). This would normaly suggest that within a sytem there must be disorder. In other words...in the end...everything must break down.

But in most systems there is a sort of oscillation. Alternative cycles of order- chaos - order - chaos..

Now,,,there's another principle the Hopf bifurcation (stuffs me how i remeber this [email protected]).

What's interesting about this is that this guy found that in even a steady state....you will get spontaneous oscillations that have no trigger. The oscillations will increase and in the end - for no real reason - a steady state will become unstable and wobble.

Maybe this is what applies to human systems as well?

Might do some gardening..

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.