MLX 2.90% 35.5¢ metals x limited

No worries - I haven't done a lot of homework on Co myself...

1. 4,764 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3779
    No worries - I haven't done a lot of homework on Co myself either but if you want exposure to Co (thats not tied up in DRC Conflict Zones with its attendant soverign risk) then your options are pretty limited to either pure Co explorers (and then wait until they ever find a way into production) or get the exposure via existing Nickel or Copper producers with the caveat that you are really getting a lot of Ni or Cu exposure for a little bit of Co exposure so limited appeal there.

The other thing to consider about Co is the fairly small volume and specialty metal pros and cons, so Cobalt producers can be put in or out of business by China stockpiling/ manipulation, political upheaval in Africa, silly politics in Indonesia/Phillipines and production booms or busts by Cu or Ni concentrate by-product mining industry. Large rises in prices can result in substitution, and large increases in mine production can send the price through the floor...

I am sure that once the research starts there will be more stuff to consider and the more I read the more I find that every metal has its own unque story and sometimes small and specialized producers/explorers out there that are flying "below the radar" so to speak.

Agree totally with most of your other comments - they are similar reasons to my own reasons to get into MLX in the first place, exposure to production in Tin and with canny acquisitions in Gold, Copper etc in the past, these guys do know how to play the countercyclical game pretty well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
35.5¢
Change
0.010(2.90%)
Mkt cap ! $322.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 36.0¢ 34.0¢ $801.8K 2.279M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 150000 34.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.0¢ 564349 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
35.5¢
  Change
0.010 ( 2.90 %)
Open High Low Volume
34.5¢ 36.0¢ 34.5¢ 427608
Last updated 15.58pm 29/03/2024 ?
MLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.