AGM 0.00% $1.97 australian governance & ethical index fund

who bought 35729000 agm shares after 4 pm

1. 134 Posts.
    Perhaps we will never know who did this trade, because this quantity of shares falls just under the 5% substantial shareholder limit (it's around 4.61% according to my calculations) - so it is possible that someone has been accumulating this parcel for a while and has decided to get out.

I had a look at the top 20 shareholder list and the only holders which had this much worth of shares was Lion Selction, ANZ Nominees, and Jinchuan. It can't be Jinchuan since they have rejected offer, and it can't be Lion because Zinifex already have their stake (at least temporarily). Sempra Metals had 31,500,000 as of March 2007 so its possible they raised their stake to 35,729,000 in the past and have sold out.

Who is the buyer and what is their intentions?

Is it a a hedge fund who wants to try and extract a higher bid? Its a pretty ballsy move for a hedge fund to make a $37 Million gambit to Zinifex with a few days to go...

Is it a white knight?

Is it another predator who is using this parcel to mount another takeover offer for AGM?

Although very unlikely, Jinchuan may have also decided to increase their stake?

Cheers,

Baphomet

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.97
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $48.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 14120 $1.99

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.09 260 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.11pm 06/12/2019 (20 minute delay) ?
AGM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.