AFG 0.00% $2.50 australian finance group ltd

which problem....

1. 1,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Can anyone shed any light on the main issues here coz there appears to be so many and the press are having a field day coming up with some new potential problem every other day.

Seems to me problem no1 is signing off a/cs, but why? Is it debt classification (like cnp), US power deal as a subsequent event, solvency (hope not!), asset writedown, or just auditors being difficult and risk averse.

Why do they need to slice & dice the co. - are they trying to settle US power deal, is debt that far out of control or is it asset prices falling that's making debt look nasty.

Coe & co appear to have the problem of a lifetime to resolve and I'm sure suspension suits them nicely - best move until they sort out the mess.

It's so very hard to believe its come to this. If they can't pull off a reasonable outcome (which I still think they probably can if given time) it will be one of the more embarrassing financial disasters I've seen. Couldn't imagine Coe & Co ASX listing their next venture.

Also, can't see why they can't update shareholders given suspension - there must be so many suits who know whats going on - why are the company owners in the dark?

I don't mind hedge funds shorting but some questions arise when its predatory and relentless.

Fortunately I don't hold too many and entry $3.60.

Feel sorry for those who bought an emerging blue chip (if there is such a thing) on analyst buy recommendations from almost everyone in town.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.50
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $538.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.52 $2.56 $2.50 $1.811M 721.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 17283 $2.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.52 7169 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/12/2019 (20 minute delay) ?
(live)
Last
$2.50
  Change
0.000 ( 0.02 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.52 $2.55 $2.50 16970
Last updated 15.59pm 05/12/2019 (live) ?
AFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.