1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

Where to next??

1. bridled

128 Posts.

Forget the WWW debate. This global asset meltdown is only just beginning. We all paid too much for future earnings growth. The DJ was over valued at 8,000 before it hit 11,000. The banks are vulnerable is the US as derivative exposure is massive. If I were a credit officer in bank I would not be sleeping.
    The ASX is held up by the banks. When people understand how all banks are exposed to each other the implications of a major US bank failure is ugly.
    All asset markets have overshot and will similarly overshot on the downside. An asset is only worth what someone else will pay, and those valuations are falling quickly. The US is terrified of deflation then stagflation as the economy is reflated with bn's of war driven expenditure. Think back to the 70's. What drove growth then? Spending from the Vietnam war. The Iraq situation wil pump prime the world economy with massive liquidity which will force the Fed to raise rates to reign in the inflation impact. Lets hope I have it all wrong, because if I haven't we ain't seen nothin' yet...

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.