where best to invest?

1. 9,081 Posts.
    Dr Marc Faber's September 22nd "Gloom, Boom & Doom Report" : some salient extracts:

"In sum, it would be my guess that we have, in Asia today, the largest economic bloc of any region and that the current ongoing economic expansion (around 7 pct in China, 6 pct in India and Vietnam etc) may already have replaced the US as the engine of real growth (as opposed to artificial growth, which comes from a proliferation of unnecessary services, wasteful consumption, excessive speculation and all sorts of hedonistic adjustments) for the global economy.....

.... In particular, I should like to emphasise once more that while, as we have seen above, Asia is a large producer of resources, it still requires the import of an increasing quantity f industrial commodities, including copper, cotton ,crude oil, iron ore etc and food which in my opinion is largely responsible for the strength in the commodity countries we have seen over the last two years and which is likely to continue for the foreseeable future.......

... In such an environment, investors should overweight mining companies (including gold and nonferrous metal stocks), the oil and gas sector, as well as oil servicing companies, chemicals and forest products.....

Also as I have repeatedly mentioned in the past investors should own commodities such as copper and coffee."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.