MNS 0.00% 42.5¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

When will Tesla confirm supply contracts: relevant for all g-plays

1. 212 Posts.
    This article is dated May 11th

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/tesla-model-3s-design-yet-to-be-finalised-1405181
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "We are currently evaluating, qualifying and selecting our suppliers" for the Model 3, Tesla said in the report filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

The accelerated production schedule is "aggressive," Barclays analyst Brian Johnson said in a phone interview on Tuesday. "Finalizing the design work, and lining up the suppliers and launching in one and a half years seems not possible."

On a conference call with analysts last week, Musk acknowledged that the Model 3 design was not complete, saying it would take another 6-9 weeks to complete engineering decisions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has now been exactly 6 weeks since this article has been released. So could be decided within the next 3 weeks (and then announced shortly afterwards)

Such so that everyone is aware, Panasonic manufacturers the lithium ion cells and those cells are then arranged in the batteries.

Tesla has discretion on the input materials for the cells as cell performance ultimately impacts the design constraints of the batteries themselves.

Tesla's default is to go with synthetic graphite from Japan (made from petroleum coke) which is the current Panasonic process.

Tesla has gave a strong indication over the last 2 years that they have been exploring other sources of graphite (not sure if this means natural, but I doubt they wouldn't consider it.)

Fingers crossed that MNS gets the contract (or part of it)

I doubt any mine besides ones that have completed BFS will be up for consideration in this initial production. Tesla would be unlikely to choose a supplier that hasn't had rigorous financial and economic feasibility assessments completed.

DYOR
    Last edited by Brewbeck: 22/06/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $356.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20000 53.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.0¢ 17206 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 16/04/2021 (20 minute delay) ?
MNS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.