1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
SPL $1.23

whats so special about 245???

1. antibotter

6,983 Posts.
    I have come to the conclusion that the number 245 is the amounts of 0,1,2,3, and any small number that is generated by computer programs to manipulate the share price up and down

We do not have to be genuises to work this out

A classic example is Starpharma

Not only has the number of shares short sold been repeated three times in the last week Thursday 5th, Friday 6th and Tuesday 10th - yesterday, (as has been commented on in another thread on this forum), but it is confounding that these small dollar transactions equating to perhaps several thousand dollars can manipulate a company which has 320 million shares in the registry capped at anywhere between 160 - 200 million dollars

Last Monday a massive amount of shares went through with genuine buyers and took out a key hinderance to the share price going up. And yet yesterday and today these algo or bot trades which equate to no value at all, create a market which is not true. The fact that the ASX and ASIC allow this to go on - demonstrates how politics and those with power and money are in bed together.

The above comments are my opinion and should not be construed as investment advice Money & Politics.jpg

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.