1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

Whats been for off for tax losses?

1. Ocker

10,337 Posts.
    With the All Ords down almost 8% for the year there is probably not too many people needing to undertake window dressing this year.

That aside, what are HC'erite's suggestions of stocks that have been (or will be) sold off to lock in a tax loss?

My thinking is that it would need to be a stock in which the punter has simply given up, and decided to "cut and run", seeing no reasonable chance of recovery in the immediate future. Preferring to place his funds elsewhere and get back into his "tax loss" stock when things appear to have turned.

Otherwise one would merely sell and buy back for a net zero effect of the stock price.

My candidates in this category would include:
    small caps -
    BGN, NAL, LOK,
    blue chips -
    QBE, SUN, PBL

Any other suggestions?

Maybe through a consensus view we can identify some stocks that have been unfairly treated pre 30/6, and could bounce back in the new (fiscal) year.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.