what am i missing here?

1. 5,748 Posts.
    What Am I Missing Here?
    Arlene Peck
    13 July 2003

So folks, let me see if I understand the world situation correctly, in as basic terms as possible. There is a "cease-fire" at the moment in place in Israel. Now, what exactly does that mean? The Arabs will promise to be good - not all of them, mind you, but most of the terrorist organizations. Cute, how the Los Angeles Times and New York Times, and other papers, never say that these are "terrorists". They make Arab “senior leadership” sound like corporate yuppies. Is it all smoke and mirrors? Every time Palestinian Prime Minister Abbas threatens to relinquish some of his power, the United States rushes in to pour more money into the "peace process"; money that surely ends up as guns and not butter. I´m confused.

I recently spoke with Father Keith Roderick, who is head of the umbrella organization of about sixty-five Christian organizations. He just returned from Lebanon and was appalled at how the terrorists were using that country as an al-Qaeda base. He told me about rapes and terror against Christians in Bethlehem and the desecration of Christian holy sites. Where is terrorist-favoring Tracy Wilkinson of the LA Times on this story?

Christian land in Bethlehem is systematically being taken over by Muslims to build their mosques. Imagine the coverage from Ms. Wilkinson and others of her persuasion when Israel tears down olive groves that have been used for cover by terrorist bomb throwers. What am I missing here?

Back to Israeli concessions: For three months most of these upstanding Arab citizens of Gaza and neighboring villages are going to be “good” and not attach bombs to their children. In return, all the Israelis have to do is open the jails and let out all of those misplaced, poor, downtrodden Palestinians, who have been misjudged and incarcerated for doing nothing more serious than killing innocent civilians in buses, cribs and pizza parlors. Hey, they were just carrying out requests of their religious leaders!

Now this I understand. Even one well known for presenting the left-wing viewpoint, legal commentator Moshe Negbi, is on record as saying that Israel should not release even those terrorists whose attacks did not result in deaths. He said, "Terror attacks against civilians constitute war crimes." Well, golly, I know that and you know that. But I wonder what the duo of Bush and Powell have to say about that.

Funny, I used to write about the infamous duo of Baker and Bush. It´s shades of his daddy, "Do as I say, not as I do." Let him give Texas back to Mexico, since we´re the occupying force there.

Is Sharon jumping high enough to please Bush and Powell? They have ordered Sharon, who seems to be acting like the Bush administration´s puppet, to see to it that Israel tears down a multitude of "illegal" settlements and allow millions in funds to be transferred to the Palestinian Authority for “policing.” I wonder - will Shimon Peres stand at the gate and pass out the new arms as he did before? Did Arafat and Abbas think up this wonderful new plan of transferring more millions and more guns to these terrorists, who are now once again policemen and politicians?

Naturally, these residents of Gaza must rebuild all those homes that those nasty Israeli soldiers ripped down while chasing Arab “militants”. And didn´t the Bush administration National Security Adviser, Condoleezza Rice, mention something about a fence that was erected by Israel? She wants it torn down. Name me another time in military history when a defense line is torn down because of demands from the enemy, under the guise of those demands coming from our government? I’m not even sure it’s Bush calling the shots any more. Could it be that Hamas is demanding the jails be opened, to let the murdering terrorists loose to do what they do best, bombing and killing? And with all the demands heaped upon Israel, where are the demands to collect those thousands of guns that Peres delivered to them?

These terror organizations have had fifty years to plot Israel´s disappearance from the Middle East and teach their children from vicious anti-Israel textbooks that it is patriotic to "kill the Zionist entity." Now with the vaunted Road Map, will things be different? I´m not holding my breath. This is the brotherhood that can´t even bring themselves to accept Israel’s right to exist.

The United States attitude towards Israel seems to be, when in doubt, just appease. Israel tried for the past fifty years to bring the Palestinian Arabs into the mainstream. Israel built them universities, hospitals, and put in sewer and clean water service. They made them a large part of the work force so they could feed their twelve children, who were being raised to become "suicide" bombers.

Now the Bush administration is calling the shots and threatening to cut off aid, oil, whatever it takes, to break the spine of Israel and to build the PLO’s terrorist state in and around the Jewish one. Bush demands? Powell orders? Excuse me! When did Israel become the 51st state? Bush´s not doing such a terrific job here at home. Worry about your own problems before causing more somewhere else!

I seriously doubt if there is anyone in the Bush administration that isn´t aware of the Greater EU plan made by Blair to support a Palestinian State in place of Israel. Not to mention the continued goodwill that Europe wants to have with the Arab countries. This, despite the fact that we all know the Saudis and the rest of these good friends have been teaching Islamic insurrection against America. Hey, it´s been good for business, at least in the oil industry.

It is going to be interesting, if nothing else, now that our American soldiers are being picked off every day by the same people who are being released into the hands of the same Islamists.

The PA Arabs want a state? Fine. It´s called Jordan, which the Balfour Declaration at one time decreed was to be a part of a Jewish national home. And now is the time to think of winning this war and repeating the mantra, “Transfer!” But not of Jews from the biblical Land of Israel.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Arlene Peck is an internationally syndicated columnist and television talk show hostess. She can be reached at [email protected]

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.