1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

Waries

1. I was born during WW2. Naturally I have no reccollection of it, but it does mean that I was raised on a steady diet of "waries". There were the uplifting ones like "Dam Busters", "Stalag 17", "Reach For the Sky" and the Audie Murphy movies. (Saving Pv Ryan is old hat) Some, of course, left you in tears such as "Dairy of Anne Frank" and "Exodus", but the single most enduring thought was the necessity to fight the war as if your life depended on it. Hell! It DID! The whole bloody country's life depended on it!
    With maturity comes the realization that the Dresden fire-bombing was a crime against humanity. Maturity does not however sway me towards the thought that the US was in error when they used the A bombs against Japan. The first achieved nothing, the second ended a war. But that is what uncompromising war is all about.
    Uncompromosing war means interring ememy citizens in camps. Italians and Germans of good and bad standing were "imprisoned" in both Aus and US. Many of these would have worn our uniform with pride and distinction.
    Uncompromising war surely means that we don't allow MORE of our sworn enemy to enter OUR country, that we inter "for the duration" any subversives in our midst (during a war "subversive" can be loosely defined) but why are we still making so many compromises?
    We are scared of making enemys. But I think many of our enemys laugh at us and think we're weak as piss.
    We DO have enemys. Uncompromising enemys.

In great sorrow....Momma

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.