Hi KP . Don't know where you're going with the theory and dreams...

1. 35,008 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Hi KP .

Don't know where you're going with the theory and dreams thing ?

I like facts and on the ground proof . The real numbers if you like . That's why I was interested in the post about the battery life , the warranty and the cost . Unfortunately the post didn't have all the numbers . It would be interesting to know the whole story .

Every time I'm in a hybrid taxi I ask the drivers about these things . Mostly the reports are good . I have heard of a few battery failures but not for a couple of years now .
    I would've thought a taxi is a very good test bed . Can't get much more real world than that .

The cab companies still keep buying them . The manufacturers still keep developing them . There's something going on there otherwise they wouldn't .

Remember battery powered hand tools ? The ones with nicad batteries . They were rubbish .
    Would you buy a new 240volt powered tool today ? No way . Lithium ion rules . No dreaming there .

Same with cars at some point in the future in terms of electric power . Batttery range , saftey and charging time will have improved significantly .

I would say mainstream in under 10 years . That's a much longer period than the manufacturers are predicting btw .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.