Well the scary thought is that if Shorten gets in and this...

1. 4,791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 286
    Well the scary thought is that if Shorten gets in and this extreme lean to the left takes hold it will destroy this country.

Do not think for one minute that a situation like Venezuela couldn't happen here, remembering that is was quite prosperous. (For record I know it is a failed petrostate)

The attacks on wealth by the ALP is palpable and those people who are smart enough, do the work and have taken the risk have benefited on the back of government policy. They did not break the law they were just more responsible and, moreover, they have, for example, provided the capital that employed all those tradies over the years and the knock on benefits for support businesses - just to provide one example. Changes to negative gearing, financially raping pensioners, and tinkering yet again with superannuation - talk about sovereign risk which is usually applicable to overseas investors not your own citizens. You just can't plan for anything anymore.

On another point I can't believe how bias the ABC has become. A case in point is the Drum. Ellen Fanning constantly surrounds herself with a panel of agreeable guest you can almost feel the love as night after night all the guest agree with each other. Confirmation bias anyone. It's time for all media types to declare their political allegiances and affiliations and if they refuse then you simply can't trust what comes out of their mouths.

The problem is that we never really know the extent of the problems we all face, and I wish that Morrison would push back against some of the exaggeration that's out there, but if you believe the ALP it's got to be 90% of the country that is going to hell in the hand basket. The fact is that the squeaky wheel is getting the oil and the problems are a lot smaller that what we are led to believe. But let's not let the truth get in the way of spin aka a lie.

God help us all if the virtuous, self righteous, intolerant bleeding heart progressives get in.

Stop feeling and start thinking.

Cheers
    BW

PS I acknowledge that this is just a superficial mention of some of the issues but it will be interesting to see what discussion it provokes

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.