1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
CM8 5.3¢

Valuation of Crowd Mobile

1. The Wise Owl report is a great report because it gives a very clear overview of the business and highlights the history, some progress and the potential.

But I think it misses out on a few things and undersells part of the value of this business.

WiseOwl says one of the key risks is that it is easy for anyone to come in and launch new apps. Yes it is easy to build and launch, however the value in the backend system for answering questions and the network of people available to answer questions isn't easy to replicate at all.

The management team and non-executive directors are also exceptionally strong. They have proven they can build large business and scale them. The value of this should not be under estimated.

Crowd Mobile have a crowd of 500 people answering questions. They have been found and "hired" and trained. This is a strong advantage for Crowd Mobile. This can't be easily replicated at all.

They have a valuation of $0.38 per share. Until we get some additional information, that is slightly above my valuation, but I'm waiting for a couple of triggers to step up my valuation. I have a "now" target price of about $0.325 (based on last year's performance and the Sep2014 quarter). This could increase with the release of the half year results as I don't know what % the first quarter results were (they said it was the weakest quarter, I just don't know how weak... I have actually assumed it is equal for each quarter to be conservative).

What I'm looking for to increase my own personal assessment of the value of CM8:
    - half year results revenues and normalised EBITDA
    - understanding impact of new countries that have been launched, but won't be included in first half results (there could be some costs included, but I think any revenues will be minimal)
    - indication of launch of a new apps
    - indication of take up of those new apps
    - any strategic distribution deals of existing or new apps

Any of these things would increase my view of the value... some of them very significantly.

I also assess the risk on Crowd Mobile as significantly less than a lot of other players due to its strong profits and cash flow. The fact that it has been able to pay out dividends in the past (when it was private) is a very good sign to me. This shows it throws off plenty of cash.

The above is my own opinion.

Regards
    Marv

DISCLOSURE: I hold plenty of CM8

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.