1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
TLS $3.55

utility status and other animals ...

1. rembrandt

5,801 posts.
    Hmmm... I have long held the view (as is known here) that telecommunications is too important a national infrastructure to be regarded as anything more than a utility, albeit with public/private players.

Call me ol' fashioned but there you go ...

All this fuss about being a growth outfit is all 'froth and bubble' as far as I am concerned.

History is littered with ego-centric ambition and particulary those who would take public institutions and transfer them into private hands ... just watch happens almost every time ... we suffer.

Those responsible quietly disappear into the mist ... usually with golden handshakes intact.

Water/Energy/Telecommunications ... so far 0-3.

We never learn ... as long as the gravy train that supports private consultanting profession(?) who are no better a breed of animal than their masters, we shall have to suffer the results.

Telstra should be split ... something I postulated here about 18 months ago ... I still think it needs to happen.

TLS is in deep sh*t at the moment (again) and customarily will shed another few thousand jobs to preserve earnings ... just like last time.

This might just keep the shareprice at $4.00 otherwise it will drift steadily lower over time ... the special divvy is a desperation measure at the expense of CAPEX which only confirms it's utility status ... ???

Just as well as the next stop is $3.50 and Ziggy/Mansfield know it ...

The weekly chart looks like this...

Cheers ...

This is only my view ... read the red stuff.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.