upside ya or na?, page-3

1. 4,327 Posts.
    Hi Folks

I am invested in this one so am a tad biased.

The companys recent announcements point to a definite improvement in 2003 and beyond. The heavy research spend is now more measured and focused on shorter timeframes to market.

New products will start to create new markets in 2003, a couple of market opportunities that the company regularly states as 'major market opportunities'.

This company has disappointed over the last 12 months, and has not lived up to the promise and potential that was very publicly slated by many.

I think it will pick up from here. With a reduced and more stringent and focused research spend, company cutbacks, new market opportunities/new products and the hindsight of the last 12 months, AXON is poised in my view for better times ahead.
    It has plenty of cash on hand and a good reputation and formed useful alliances with big name companies.

Importantly, lets not forget that Axons heavy research spend (over the last 2 years inparticular) and their very conservative/transparent accounting practices meant that the losses they did rack up were due in no small part to their willingness to include the research spend in their overall figures.

If they had not done this they would have announced a profit in line with their previous 18 years of operations.

I think they could be a lot more investor friendly and market friendly for that matter, however I for one am in this one for the long term as I see a lot to look forward to.

As always, time will tell.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.