VCR ventracor limited

update and action, page-9

1. 22,691 Posts.
    There are a couple of items of interest, I think:

1. "Chief Medical Investigators, Professor Don Esmore and Professor David Kaye, said the patient who received the first implant of the VentrAssistTM left ventricular assist system (LVAS) on 28 June 2003 had recently made two day trips home as part of the rehabilitation program and would be discharged to his home in the next five to seven days".

I believe that Gominer mentioned on June 30 that the operation had been performed and this was confirmed shortly thereafter.

It does show that in future implants there will be a time delay between the operation and confirmation if there is one.

2. Considering price behaviour, VCR may well feel obliged to issue more news: the share price sags if the delay is too great.

3. Nevertheless, the news came just in time and that will be a lesson to impatient holders, I think. One can expect further news when least expected.

4. " The first patient implanted with the VentrAssist™ has made an excellent early recovery”, Professor Esmore said.
    “The Alfred medical team is delighted,” he added. “When the patient entered hospital in June he was very ill with a 13-year history of progressive heart disease".

This then shows the superiority of the device: no blood platelets being ground up and this would normally require attention. No rejection.

In short: A top device!

Gerry

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VCR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.