TPM 0.00% $8.93 tpg telecom limited

Upcoming ACCC announcement

1. 58 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Just spent full 2 hours going through the discussion paper and a lot of submissions. Got a feeling regional roaming will be declared this time. Telstra, Optus seemed to have convinced a branch of rural councils that if it's declared, there will be no further investment and they all bought into it.

What interested me the most is in Optus' submission where it said the regional roaming has been applied in other countries to support new entrants, but there was no new MNO entrant in Australia. Well now there is, and one with ambition.

TPG has also paid soooo much higher than expected. But I think whatever high price it paid is not too high. let's not forget the money paid goes to the gov, if the gov didn't make it work/support the new entrant, that would not look nice and will discourage future contenders.

Contrary to what TLS's claim that expansion of network will slow due to lack of incentive, the truth is in regional areas where Telstra has the monopoly, there is already no incentive for TLS to improve current network. Why invest more if people have no choice and will sign up with whatever crap network you provide anyway? This is the exact reason the dail-up still survived till recently.

I believe roaming will be declared with the condition that any visiting MNO will need to have some sort of commitment to further invest in regional areas. This way the new and/or disadvantaged operator (TPG/Voda)can better compete with incumbent thus increase competition (the whole point of ACCC enquiry) while not jeopardising infrastructure investment. Rather it will be better, as there will be 4 MNOs expanding.

Translating into SP movements, TPM should have a nice leg up when its announced, and TLS will be hammered further.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.