Trump acts too unpresidential

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    I've said it! I've been a big supporter of Trump and have overlooked his cringeworthy statements he makes and put it down to doing what it takes to win the GOP nomination. I thought it was part of a bigger plan and that he would become a lot more presidential once he won the nomination, which I thought he did particularly after the Dallas shootings.

I will defend him 100% on most of his policies and defend him for challenging political correctness, but how can you defend a bloke for just plain stupidity? Why on earth would he attack the wife/mother of a fallen soldier was pretty much the final straw of giving him the benefit of the doubt of stupidity. The subsequent reports of the father's history is for the media to dig up and report and not an excuse for Trump to "counter punch".

I am sure there are many like me who often think "he should say this.... or He should say that....." but Trump doesn't say it. When Hillary attacked him about having the nuclear codes, Trump had a PERFECT opportunity to "counter punch" as he says he does by saying "why would you give Hillary the nuclear codes; she will either lose them to Russia or delete them completely". But he doesn't!!!

I still stand 100% by his policies but his comments about the Muslim mother were just STUPID and pretty much the final straw for me to think he isn't going to morph into the person I thought he would.

I still think he is the change that the US needs and the world for that matter. I don't see why people think the US is going so great that they need more of the same with Hillary. I've backed Trump several times to win the presidency which a lot was money won from him winning the GOP. But, I thought he would smarten up his act by now and be more of a polished performer, but I can't really blame people who were on the fence up until now.

I will cop it from both sides. I still support his policies 100% and believe he is what America needs to some extent minus the odd bouts of stupidity. Yes, he gets no favours from the left wing media and the fix is more or less in with Hillary. But, when the emails leaked about Hillary and the dems, he could've played it really cool and let it all unravel but Trump gave the media unneeded reasons to attack him.

It's getting a bit too late for him to clean up his act. Hopefully, Hillary continues to get exposed and that people wake up to the fact that America is not thriving under the status quo.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.