1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
EM1 1.1¢

truly world class now

1. thegupper

749 Posts.

GIP's announcement earlier this afternoon that its tantalum / feldspar resource base has now trebled will surely result in a fundamental reassessment of this small cap stock's value by the market over coming weeks.

Already set to become the world's second largest tantalum / feldspar producer, the granting of the latest licence is surely a company-making event.

Anyone who has read the announcement has to see enormous upside in the following points:
    *the exploration licence is the most valuable ever granted to date in Egypt
    *the licence contains sole rights to convert to a mining licence at any time during its 4 year duration
    *the Nuweibi deposit is well suited to (cheap) open pit mining
    *costs for GIP's 50%-owned JV company, Tanatalum Egypt, for mining of the 122 million tonne resource are estimated to be as low as US$5 / lb
    *Tantalum Egypt enjoys a 20 year exemption from profit taxation as part of the Egyptian govt's drive to encourage foreign investment

This anouncement is an enormous coup for a company of GIP's size, yet it is an experienced and obviously respected operator in the Egyptian context.

Many thanks to those who posted on this stock over the past few weeks. Stocko, I'm happy to concede your perspicacity. Well done!

Conduct your own research. I jumped in at .081 today. Not as fortunate as those who held prior to the announcement but I'm pretty happy just the same given the company's massively improved prospects.

Good luck to all,

Gupper

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.