TwoHands, there are numerous options available.Take the...

1. 8,494 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 59
    TwoHands, there are numerous options available.

Take the following example taken from one of my EA's on the GJ H1:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1509/1509671-0cf14d031adfb023d78958d827e7c88a.jpg

This strategy involves a maximum of 10 trades in one direction at a time - in this case it got to 6 longs - with a fixed $ take profit target.

The SL in this case is placed on each position at the lowest low of the previous 5 bars (the long entry is on breakout of a 5 bar consolidation of a certain range). So in this case the risk is fixed for each trade until the TP is achieved, or the stoplosses get hit.

You can see before the basket of 6 trades gets started there are 2 long trades and even a short trade that hit their stoplosses because the run doesn't get going.

Another option which I use on a 2nd version of the same EA is to trail the stoplosses to the lowest low of the last 5 bars as price moves in the direction of the trade.

Those are just 2 options. The 1st option tends to produce bigger drawdowns than the 2nd option, but the take profit target gets hit more often - more room to breathe (for more risk) - but better return - the inevitable trade-off that gets made.

I actually use both versions, because they each test better than the other on different markets and timeframes - so its just a question of testing a range of exit strategies (stoploss and take profit) plus other trade management strategies (max number of positions, entry signal, et) and finding which one(s) produce a drawdown profile that you can live with (personally I always prioritise minimising drawdown over maximising returns).

Cheers. Sharks

GET SUPPORT arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.