1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

trading qqq and nasdaq etos

1. andrewk4

1,368 posts.
    US markets have the ability to trade options on the indexes sp500 and nasdaq, just as we can trade etos on the xjo.
    Unfortunately, the price of index etos ATM can avge au$4,000 for a single contract (and thats for 100 shares , not 1,000!) leaving many aussies squeezed out by liquidity. Depends how rich you are.

The qqq is a portfolio of the top 100 nasdaq companies, and its options are very affordable for anyone wanting to start out with usa etos.You can start with about au$500 per trade. TDwaterhouse have a US trading desk.

Why trade qqq instead of xjo?
    Liquidity. Most strikes trade about 25,000 contracts per day, similar to any dowjones30 company.
    Prices are always fair. You can play longshots with rewards of 5 times your bet in a few days, or lose the lot overnight.
    Its also a lot easier to predict the PRIME MARKET, instead of asking "how much will xjo go down when US gets smashed or goes skyhigh?"
    XJO is not correlated very strongly with sp500 or the little black duck.
    Theres also a volatility index for qqq like the vix is to sp500.

Let me know if you trade the qqq or sp500 index.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.