POS 8.33% 0.7¢ poseidon nickel limited

This is Ashley Zumwalt, page-2

1. 4,907 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2208

That buyback idea won't achieve anything except squander our precious cash reserves. Buybacks generally only work for profit-making enterprises who wish to re-invest directly back into the company with funds that are thrown off from operational profits. We don't fall into that category.

To put some real numbers behind it, a $20m buyback @ (say) 5c buys back 400m shares, which would reduce the total shares issued from 2,643m shares down to 2,243m shares. All other things remaining unchanged BMM's (523m) shareholding would increase to 23.3% (up from current 19.8%) and AF's (473m) shareholding would increase to 21.1% (up from current 17.9%). Apart from my first point, above, and also given that the large rights issue (@5c) only happened 10 minutes ago, that would be a pointless exercise. If anything, if would actually strengthen BMM's position, as it would act to slightly increase the gap between their percentage shareholding compared to AF's. Hardly a suitable defensive move!

Let's just hope that AF isn't willing to bail above 6.8c (his WVAC). I just hope that: a) AF doesn't reconsider his reasons for holding; or b) the two of them don't put their heads together to take POS private and roll it into a JV holding shell.

Meanwhile:

Did anyone else notice who's fingerprints were on the "Against" votes for the failed Resolution 8 (i.e. approval of additional 10% share placement capacity)?

Hint: BMM. They abstained for most of the other Resolutions too, except for ratifying the two new directors. (BMM and Squadron both had to abstain/exclude from Resolutions 6 and 6(a)... and that's where we sample the fingerprints from and conclude that it was BMM behind the Res 8 failure).

I'd say BMM want to keep a leash on the pre-approvals for any more placement capacity over and above the normal 15%. If management needs to tap more than 15% within the next 12 months (unlikely, but you never know), then they'll have to call a special meeting to do obtain approval.

For giggles, I'm going to call a turn/bottom in the int'l NP for (say) 5-7 Dec (give or take a coupla trading days).

PS. MC, did you go to the AGM? Would appreciate any insights you can share.  smile.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.7¢
Change
0.001(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $24.13M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.7¢ 0.7¢ 0.7¢ $13.24K 2.016M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
71 54837841 0.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.7¢ 12888536 30
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.50pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.7¢
  Change
0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.7¢ 0.7¢ 0.6¢ 3471695
Last updated 15.20pm 29/03/2024 ?
POS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.