Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing...

1. 16,071 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom. (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

No Mr G, this verse is in relation to what was described before it.

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
    For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
    For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Matt 12:28 - But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
    Luke 17:21 - Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Luke 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
    They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

IS WITHIN YOU,...the only thing that could be within them is word, the word.
    Them accepting and abiding in it.
    They would see and accept this before dying.

Jesus knowing beforehand, who would and who wouldn't.
    Seeing as in seeing the Kingdom, is not always a literal seeing.

So Jesus after giving a bit of doom and gloom, gives a comfort message to some of them, in that they won't lose an after life.
    ------------------------
    Thy kingdom -> word) come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Word = Door -> House/Kingdom -> Head.

John 10:9 - I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. -> (the word).
    (Jesus door to Kingdom/word,............Hence him having the name "the Word of God" in Rev 19:13).'

While Jesus was there, the Kingdom/word was in their midst.

--------------

Figtree shooting forth,......................I would suggest that might represent the original message coming forth but to most, it sounds like a new one.
    Sung as of a new.
    EX -> Rev 14:3 - And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

Acts 7:49 - Heaven is my throne, and earth my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

Before the throne but on earth,.........Spiritual.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.