Their ABC! - Your Taxes.

1. 7,660 Posts.
    FEDERAL Education Minister Christopher Pyne got a little snippy on radio today during a discussion about submarines in SA. Then things got incredibly awkward.

It all started when a listener sent a text to ABC 891, accusing Mr Pyne of last November voting against submarines being built in Adelaide.

The Liberal MP angrily rebutted the accusation, saying he had actually voted against a censure motion by Labor in the Senate, over the then defence minister David Johnston.

“Your listener put to me that I voted against subs being built in Adelaide. That is a factual mistake,” Mr Pyne angrily told 891 breakfast hosts Matt Abraham and David Bevan.

Asked if he felt he was being picked on, he retorted: “I just think it’s remarkable that every Wednesday you manage to get a listener through who always manages to criticises me on your program.”

“It’s remarkable that there’s never one who asks Mark Butler (Federal Labor MP) a question ... it must be just a coincidence.”

Things then went from bad the worse.

When asked if he wanted listeners’ negative text messages about him read on-air or not, he opted for a very long and uncomfortable silence.

Listen to the full interview above.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...|heading|homepage|homepage&itmt=1423631236947

GET SUPPORT arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.