1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

The long and the short of it

1. Ridge

6,975 posts.
    G'day folks,

An hour or so left of trading and the index looking weak aprt from a few bright spots including NAB and CBA. Having called CBA long at the end of last week around $29. I like to think it has a lot more left in it as it really is one of the highest yielding stocks on the exchange at these prices and may benefit from a flight to safety.

However, CBA may be overwhelmed by general negative sentiment and care need to be take to keep a watchful eye.

On the short side of life RIO, which I called a short on Friday, is also delivering the goods but percentage wise is only down half as much as BHP which may have been a better short term bet. However, RIO was up a few centimes in London on Friday and it may be that which is holding back the fall. A fall in London tonight should drive it down further tomorrow.

acouch if you are reading this are you still bearish CBA?

I must say given the excellent post of croupier's this morning regarding the Elliott Wave scenario on the S&P I could be tempted to cover the CBA calls at an appropriate time and load up with shorts on some appropriate vehicle. What say you all??

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.