1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

The Gold Bull Is Beginning To Stamp The Ground!

1. xerxes_ph

9,081 Posts.

Richard Russell prognosticates a gold price of $3000 p/oz (US$) and the Dow at 3000 - eventually.

You can access it via the bullion desk newswire if it has not already been posted on the HC forum.

I take such prognostications with the proverbial grain (or two!!) od salt.

Having said that, the FACT remains that gold is in steady (if unspectacular uptrend).

If it blows through $330 on any kind of heavy volume we will be "off to the races" as that will trigger a strong signal (from a charting point of view) for the professional money to pour in.

Fund managers will not be able to afford to "miss out" - a buying frenzy will, in all probablity ensue.

Then we will be into the "self-fulfilling prophecy" scenanrio as too much money chases too few gold stocks.

Stocks could easily double from current levels.

If LHG moves above $1.65 then its uptrend is well and truly confirmed - it will then move well above the $2.00 level in the next phase of its run up.

Huntley's target of $1.00 or so for CRS may also prove to be very conservative.

I for one will hold on to my gold stocks - I simply can't afford to trade them as I may miss out on the "big run"

When it comes it will take the market by total surprise.

This is an unpredictable beast and the Gold Bull has yet to stamp the ground, snort and roar his ascendancy.

That will be worth patiently waiting for.

Cheers, X

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.