XSO 1.45% 3,123.6 s&p/asx small ordinaries

Toll roads are the big winners with autonomous vehicles. Take...

1. 67 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Toll roads are the big winners with autonomous vehicles.

Take for example the Eastern Distributor (owned by Transurban) in Sydney which currently operates at capacity so it makes no sense to hold such an assets at elevated levels (even when you're guaranteed 4%pa toll increases).

The next big leg up for toll roads is automated cars and trucks.
    The Eastern distributor by TCLs own modelling will increase capacity by 60-80% upon the advent of autonomous vehicles. It is an asset with high operating leverage and effective monopoly, SP will absolutely skyrocket when when you see automated vehicles roll out.

Other to take advantage would be logistics companies with automated trucks, huge cost-out opportunity.

Final one is companies that consult for machine learning - APX is only decent asx name i've found but haven't found any others that really stand out and have traction in the market.

The biggest issue with disruptors is access in the first order. Toll roads and logistics are all second order exposures and only leverage from the effects of new technologies.

Most companies on the forefront of this stuff are all unlisted (Venture Cap stuff) and my BS meter goes off whenever I see an IPO that deals in AI or some other new revolutionary tech. I would never IPO unless I wanted to exit, there are much easier methods of raising capital than IPO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.