Seriously what are these kids being taught by teachers and...

1. 30,196 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 206
    Seriously what are these kids being taught by teachers and parents? She thinks the world is going to end in 10 years or so.
    There were tears outside Scott Morrison's office in Sydney's south, but the biggest crowds were in Melbourne where thousands of students skipped school to demand action on climate change.

About 70 demonstrations were held around Australia — hundreds turned out at the Prime Minister's office in Cronulla, although most in the crowd there were older than school age.

Stella Brazier, 14, burst into tears when asked about her decision to attend.

"It just upsets me so much because I just don't know if they [politicians] are going to do anything," she said.

What's going to happen to humankind, what's going to happen to the whole world?"

Former prime minister Tony Abbott's office in Warringah was also a hot spot.

Students held signs with slogans such as "denial is not a policy" and "what we stand for is what we stand on" while chanting "time up's Tony".

Keish Davis, 15, said her family fully supported her choice to leave school for the day to attend the protest.

"We would be in school if the politicians were doing their job," she said.

"I don't believe Australia's Prime Minister is doing a good enough job securing my future and the future of all generations to come."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-03/students-strike-around-the-country-for-climate-action/11077022

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.