ATH 25.0% 0.5¢ alterity therapeutics limited

Yes, we were told. It was a very small trial and a few outliers...

1. 5,826 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 143
    Yes, we were told. It was a very small trial and a few outliers in the controls were able to skew the results.  Here is some comment on Alzforum from Professor Masters right after the results were announced.

"I agree with most of the comments from Lon Schneider, Bruno Pietro Imbimbo, and Susan Landau. I would prefer to reserve judgement on the study until all the data have been verified, analysed and publicly released, particularly the effect of the ApoE4 polymorphism and the changes in blood biomarkers (especially Aβ dimers). It's worth noting that the IMAGINE trial is still ongoing in an open-label extension study that will conclude in early 2015, and that the overall safety data from the IMAGINE trial so far is excellent.Further independent support for the use of this class of drug has come from unbiased screens of Aβ-toxicity (Matlack et al., 2014). Indeed the scientific argument for this therapeutic approach has become more compelling with published data for PBT2 demonstrating its reduction of tau protein, upregulation of synaptic plasticity markers, and reduction of Aβ-induced synaptotoxicity (Adlard et al., 2008).It is far too premature to abandon this clinical approach of proof-of-concept. As Lon comments, a reasonable development program would have entailed a much larger study, but unfortunately the funds for this are yet to be sourced. Lon's further analogy with a Hail Mary pass invites the rebuttal that the effort was more like an Our Father, or even The Credo: “I believe in one principle, the almighty Aβ, cause of all Alzheimer's disease, both clinical and preclinical." For those who appreciate that an n=42 PiB study does not portend the doom of this novel therapeutic, it is hoped that there are others who understand that the real test and opportunity for PBT2 in Alzheimer’s disease lies in an appropriately powered trial to explore clinical benefit. "

https://www.alzforum.org/news/research-news/pbt2-takes-dive-phase-2-alzheimers-trial

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.001(25.0%)
Mkt cap ! $26.19M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $27.94K 6.050M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
47 58163299 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 57489001 48
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.5¢
  Change
0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ 20524121
Last updated 15.46pm 28/03/2024 ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.