This forum makes my day most of the time as there is real...

1. 14,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1340
    This forum makes my day most of the time as there is real emotion involved. No one is depressed because their shares have plummeted and no one is euphoric because their company has had a takeover request. Eagle888 is totally correct about Tony Abbott. He simply became toxic and a liability. Years of snitching and too right winged agendas ultimately cooked him. He became the captain but got injured and had to sit on the side. This he didn't like. Bill Shorten would have probably won 2019 against all but three in my opinion. Greg Hunt, Julie Bishop and of course Scomo. Dutton would have lost it too.

The main difference occurred last year when all those backbenchers suddenly felt that their own livelihoods were in danger. If Malcolm would have run he would have lost too. Malcolm lost 14 seats in 2016 and Andrew Bolt from day one said he was crap. The Bolt was vindicated although he still loves his mate Abbott and couldn't see the forest thru the trees.

Luckily the choice was made for a fresh face to lead. At least the Liberal machine had put all the infighting of the past behind it and gave the reins to an absolute political legend even after winning one voted election. Amazing and you must give credit where credit is due. Compare this creature scomo with the labor choice, the constantly poor polling as the preferred leader and let us be honest, a disliked character by many and it is now what it is.

It was really simple to deduce that some political animals lived in the real world whereas the others had been caged too long and simply thought it was their time.

Its a tough world in politics, just ask Phelps. Just ask Hinch. Just ask Abbott. Just don't ask Turnbull or Shorten.
    Last edited by beefarmer: 17/06/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.