XAO 0.99% 8,153.7 all ordinaries

Another week of low volume retail drip selling into the bids....

1. 7,028 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 73
    Another week of low volume retail drip selling into the bids. Maybe a bit of bot action to encourage same. Still selling  seems to be drying up in most of mine that have been under pressure and a new fin year is not far away. All we need is a bit of demand to start stepping up.  Most of the selling I see is not due to any fundamental change and is not on concerning volume. ( despite the cumulative effect of the low volume selling)

Malaga has expressed my views on eofy tax loss selling. It is self sabotage. Guaranteeing a low for your sale. Take the loss as and when it arises. To hold in the hope that it will rise into the end of year is usually folly.

Dont really see the point in wiping out your profits to avoid tax on same. Unless you are crossing a bracket which is valid consideration. Surely we are trying to make money.

Another thing is that the tax rules as they apply to 50%  CGT benefit ( not that relevant to a STTrader) means that it doesn't kick in till losses are offset on my understanding. Any accountants able to assist?  So be careful you could cost yourself more than you thought.

No relevance but this is cool ( or I am daggy) :

Last edited by herbalist: 22/06/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.