Still no controls. Grim Reaper Feast.

1. 8,925 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 772
    Everything I read about the US shows very inconsistent controls ans co-ordination. Here some thing to digest. This will be bumper harvest for the grim reaper,

At least 430,000 people have arrived in the United States on direct flights from China since that country disclosed the existence of a pneumonialike illness to international health experts on New Year’s Eve, according to an analysis of data collected in both countries.

Nearly 40,000 of them have come in the two months since President Trump imposed travel restrictions.

In total, 279 passenger flights have arrived from China since the restrictions, carrying Americans and others exempt from them. Even this past week, data show, the flights have continued.

Mr. Trump has heralded the restrictions as one of his administration’s most important decisions in light of the outbreak. And the bulk of the 430,000 passengers — of varying nationalities — arrived in January, before they were imposed. But the analysis of the flight and other data by The New York Times shows the travel measures, however effective, may have come too late, particularly in light of recent statements from officials that as many as 25 percent of infected people may never have symptoms.

And even with the restrictions, screening procedures have been uneven, interviews show.

“I was surprised at how lax the whole process was,” said Andrew Wu, 31, who landed at Los Angeles International Airport from Beijing on March 10. “The guy I spoke to read down a list of questions, and he didn’t seem interested in checking out anything.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.