state gov grant and benefit

  1. 5,436 Posts.

    If parents purchase a house in joint name with an adult son/daughter,where by parents pay 50% deposit and son pays the mortgage.

    1) Is the son entitled to government grant or benefit. ?

    2) When Parents pass away,does the house automatically fall on the son s name ? Or is it subject to Cap gains Tax ?

    3) Should (in future) the house become subject to divorce property settlement; Is there a way of ensuring that the house remains in the son`s name ? or does the court overrides everything ?

    Views appreciated
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.