DGR 0.00% 7.6¢ dgr global limited

Sovereign risks from Constitutional Court case in Ecuador

1. 43 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    I've been considering opening a position in copper given the strong tailwinds from growing demand for critical minerals from the renewables sector.

Solgold / Cornerstone came onto my radar given recent media coverage of the takeover stoush.

Having lived in Ecuador and Colombia, I'm more than a little concerned by some of the sovereign risks of operating in Latin America.

I discovered that there is a Constitutional Court case (the equivalent of our High Court) currently underway in Ecuador to determine the legality of mining within Protected Forest reserves and Indigenous Territories. Announcing the case last month, the court will make a determination on the basis of the Rights of Nature as enshrined in the constitution of Ecuador.

Australian mining companies stand to be impacted by any positive ruling on the case, with at least 67 concessions covering, in whole or part, Indigenous territories or Protected Forests. Aussie miner SolGold would be most impacted by the ruling, with 19 concessions covering Protected Forests and 18 covering Indigenous territories. The number of concessions at risk would grow further if they successfully take over Cornerstone.

Has any discussion been had highlighting these sovereign risks to investors?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $58.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 67297 7.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.6¢ 151415 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 25/09/2020 (20 minute delay) ?
DGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.