ARL 0.00% 72.5¢ ardea resources limited

Yeah that will be a contributing factor here until the end of...

1. 4,780 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 873
    Yeah that will be a contributing factor here until the end of the exercise period, the Macquarie bank tunnel vision type outlook, ( remembering banks etc are investors too and aren’t shy to put their best/worst spin on anything when their funds wish to buy/sell a certain stock or sector ), which they revealed last week regarding lithium would have rattled a few cages and influenced nervous traders to sell the renewable juniors in general- including cobalt juniors.

One of our gang of swashbucklers is meeting Joe Lowry next week- I’m invited too but don’t think I know enough about lithium to make it a worthwhile exercise & trust the person who is going to make better use of that time for us all as a whole but let’s just say that these oversupply ‘concerns’ don’t have a very firm base in reality & that goes for cobalt too- if demand was flat? Fair enough- talk about supply. The problem for those people? Demand is not flat.
    ( I may end up going depending on how much fun Joe is up for ).

Also, supply is not guaranteed & that’s why I say ‘cathode recycling? Great! We need some certainty for end users that they can source cobalt when necessary, even if they may have to pay a premium at any given moment’.

Why do I always return to the biggest single cobalt consumer, the world’s military? Because, sorry to shock anyone, world militaries are not contracting- they are constantly expanding, especially when it comes to vehicle/weapon systems production. Remember- soldiers don’t need much cobalt but their supply backbone and communications etc weapons/vehicle systems most certainly do.

For some understanding of my fascination with that area of life- I grew up spending my weekends only one property away from Singleton Army Base and later on lived in Okinawa and visited the Kadena USMC base- if any one of you saw the truly immense number of vehicles and equipment that one base of that one branch of that one service has you may well change your focus too.

I can’t say this enough but we are entering an era of electrification from submarines to tanks to every single vehicle in their fleets- then there is their non battery uses in components etc.

The recent drone swarm attack on the Russians in Syria should give even the most ill informed a clue as to where world events are taking the use of battery related materials.

As Mellhurst notes, it is the battery sector that is seen to be the most immediate growth point*
    Where those batteries go doesn’t matter- it’s all cream to us here.

Price dip this week? Fantastic- without both pips and dips there would effectively be no stock market at all, never forget that. I was buying all the way down from $1.725 ready to pay some bills when we start moving back up.

Take care in the heat this weekend all- that goes for both the yay and nay teams* Really good to and fro lately- I bet some of the silent majority are really enjoying this!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
72.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $142.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
72.5¢ 74.5¢ 72.5¢ $170.2K 234.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 72.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
73.5¢ 5210 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
73.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.39 %)
Open High Low Volume
73.0¢ 74.0¢ 72.5¢ 8332
Last updated 15.27pm 29/03/2024 ?
ARL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.