LCK 6.67% 16.0¢ leigh creek energy limited

social licence comment

1. 733 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 41

Last week in the company announcement Marathon stated as follows;

"Marathon also announced that it would commission an independent report into the Company’s environmental practices and use the findings of the report to improve its operations, where necessary, in the Mount Gee area, and report back to Government."

my comment
    Good but make sure you also report to shareholders what really happened and not let your spindoctors dress it up. Release the full report warts and all.

It goes on,
    " As part of the process, the independent expert will be asked to liaise with all project stakeholders, including the Aboriginal community, pastoralists, owners of the Arkaroola Tourist Village, industry representatives and State and Federal government, and to identify all issues and address means to resolve them.
    Mr Williams said Marathon recognised the concerns expressed by the State Government and others into the manner in which the Company disposed of exploration materials at Mt Gee, and would suspend drilling operations until the matter was clarified.
    The South Australian Government has undertaken it own investigation into the matter, and is expected to release its findings to State Parliament this week.
    “Marathon has a strong focus on sustainable exploration, and seeks to limit any adverse environmental impact,” Mr Williams said.
    “Whether it is Marathon or any other mining company, it is critically important to uphold the State’s reputation as welcoming of investment and exploration in a sustainable manner,” Mr Williams added.
    “Marathon recognises that the community and the Federal and State Governments expect us to consistently achieve the highest levels of environmental excellence’."

My comment - nice sounding words. What about recognising your own shareholders? What about the old tried and true method of saying what you are going to do and then going and doing it. What about normal honesty? What about respect? What about integrity and ethics?
    The more I think about the angrier I get.

These guys get an exploration licence in an environmentally important area and sign up to the environmental conditions attached thereto.

Then they turn round and s^$t in the faces of the very people who gave them the licence by rubbishing the place with drilling waste.

There is no "environmental excellence" here, immediate history proves that those are just pap words.

A social licence to operate a mine is the hardest to obtain and the easiest to lose.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LCK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.0¢
Change
0.010(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $89.99M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.0¢ 16.5¢ 15.0¢ $48.57K 302.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13072 15.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.0¢ 66243 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.30pm 13/12/2019 (20 minute delay) ?
(live)
Last
16.0¢
  Change
0.010 ( 6.67 %)
Open High Low Volume
16.0¢ 16.0¢ 16.0¢ 52194
Last updated 10.38am 13/12/2019 (live) ?
LCK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.