1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

So The Greens like employing untrustworthy people.

1. wazbee

3,626 Posts.

Labor/Greens love employing shifty characters .

The Tony Haters will love this.

Freya Newman wins job with the Greens

Date
    February 11, 2015 - 4:35Pm

Freya Newman has landed a job with the Greens. Photo: AAP
    The former fashion school student who leaked details of a scholarship awarded to one of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's daughters is now working as a paid intern for the Greens.
    Ms Newman, 21, pleaded guilty last year to accessing restricted data from the Whitehouse Institute of Design, but avoided a conviction or a possible two-year jail term.
    Ms Newman applied for a paid internship with Greens higher education spokeswoman Lee Rhiannon last November.

Frances and Tony Abbott.
    "Following an extensive application process involving over 160 applicants and two rounds of interviews we offered the position to Freya," Senator Rhiannon said in a statement.
    "Freya was an outstanding applicant and we are very much looking forward to having her on board."
    The part-time position is based in Sydney.
    Senator Rhiannon last year announced she would try to strengthen national whistleblower laws in response to "recent events in the higher education sector", a reference to Ms Newman's case.
    Ms Newman's disclosure to the New Matilda website revealed that Ms Abbott was awarded a rare $60,636 Whitehouse scholarship.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.