1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
FAR 13.0¢

SNE & BH.... my views

1. Ya

5,214 Posts.
    ok given that the plan is to appraise SNE & drill BH, here are 2 images that I've touched-up to highlight what the JV is seeking in the Shelf. Yep 300m shallow water depths then FAN should make their fwd going plans feasible.

I had already covered SNE back on 17/11/14 post no. 14299527, so pls refer that. The graphics r self explanatory. They need to suss out how much gas is there.

This in my view could b same as what ENI-Vitol r proposing at Sankofa in Ghana were the first well flowed gas & the second well did 5ooo bopd of 30 API oil in 32m net oil pay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buried Hill (aka BH) on the other hand is a smaller 'play' then SNE, abt 203 mmbbls as per FAR (they call it Lufti). Why ?? 'Cos its a smaller trap. (not 700 MMbbls Hardmano, that's pure b/s).

I'd expect a net betwn 20-35m. What I cannot decipher frm their 3D seis is whether its the trifecta like SNE (ie G, O W) or is it just Gas-water or Oil-water in those two Sands at BH.

The X-section is oriented West to east & the structure has 2 limbs. So the norm is drill it at the Crest first & then appraise it on either side (ie east & west) if HC's r encountered.

This to me looks a very straight forward scenario, pre-drill. I could b wrong, if its all water wet sands (so that's the 'risk' for the 203 MMbbls gross estimate). If it comes up as oil then I suppose they should look at a twin development for both SNE & BH once they derisk the prospects.

Note, BH is apprx 8-9 kms NE from SNE-1 & 14 kms SE frm Fan-1, still a long way for oil to sneak out & hide in those sands. Anyways hope this helps (cometh Sept 2015 7 beyond if its all water in B/H then 'bugger' in advance).

cheers

P.S. : Phil321 pls post the dates for those conference's/roadshows in Syd, at y'r pace.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.