TGA 0.00% $1.17 thorn group limited

CP You often use the term “fine print”, but I am stuffed if I or...

1. 4,210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1226
    CP

You often use the term “fine print”, but I am stuffed if I or others know what you intend to by the words. The accepted meaning is text in a formal agreement that is printed smaller than the rest of the text, sometimes in the hope that it will not be noticed. If you examine a TGA contract, you will not find any provisions written in fine print – that is, written in a font and/or shade that is more obscure in terms of either size or greyscale than that generally used for provisions in the contract.

The Rent-Try-$1-Buy arrangement is still on the TGA webpage – I just looked at https://www.radio-rentals.com.au/rent-try-buy. The page displayed is a little misleading in that it mentions furniture, TVs and laptops, but if you click on “Furniture” for example, and then “Kitchen”, you will find both lots of information are similarly styled, with the Rent-Try-$1-Buy icon in the bar at the bottom. In reaction to your assertions on HC over the last year or two, I have thrice asked different TGA managers if Rent-Try-$1-Buy applies to whitegoods, and they all categorically stated that it does, adding that it applies to all items leased under standard 2-year, 3-year and 4-year contracts, which agrees with Step 7, which is found by following the Rent-Try-$1-Buy icon's steps.

My estimate of TGA's buy price was incorrect, I should have used 50% as the uplift, which would have suggested $459 ÷ 1.5 $306. If one searches the Internet for information on retail mark-ups in Australia, one learns that the percentage is euphemistically expressed by retailers as a percentage of the sales price, and that 33% is typical, which in effect is a 50% uplift. The deviations from the norm would be significant, so your round $300 is as good a guess as any, and being a round number, it has the advantage of not feigning accuracy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.