WOW 1.21% $39.37 woolworths group limited

silly analysts - greed and fear

1. 3,567 Posts.
    It all comes down to greed and fear.

Analysts are now saying that WOW "IS" finding it harder to grow (commented by JP Morgan a week or two back). lol, that's very funny. WOW is finding it easier and easier to compete now there brand name is getting stronger and market share has increased.

More fuel, health/beauty, Pharmacies not to mention the massive cost cutting project over the next 5 years makes it look like things are getting even easier at Woolies.

A very strong balance sheet, record profits and excellent growth prospects are making analysts scared, but why?

Forward PE of 17 is much cheaper than what is was a year or two back. The forward PE used to be well over 20 and yet they were confident enough to say "strong buy". Now the stock price is cheaper, the forward PE the lowest in quite a few years, there are less shares on issue and the growth prospects better than ever analysts are getting scared...lol. That's very very funny.

Roger Corbett is much more confident that Project refresh 2 will succeed than he ever has about Project refresh 1. And the cost savings in this next project are potentially more than double that of the first project!! $5bn... let's say that again... $5bn (not million, BILLION).

Woolies are finding more and more ways to grow. It's getting easier for them to do it not harder. WOW is the best bargain price it's been for the last three years. Doesn't mean anything but if your going to recommend "strong buy" 3 years ago then you should have "STRONG STRONG STRONG BUY" now.

These analysts don't make sense sometimes.

Did anyone read what I said about the Merrill Lynch analysts that said to sell AMP and it was going to $4...lol. Good old munch said "load up at $4.40" and I did too.

Come on you analysts, I know your reading this. Pick up your game please.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$39.37
Change
0.470(1.21%)
Mkt cap ! $49.65B
Open High Low Value Volume
$38.96 $39.52 $38.85 $190.6M 4.844M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 900 $39.37

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$39.39 18500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/11/2019 (20 minute delay) ?
(live)
Last
$39.31
  Change
0.470 ( 1.15 %)
Open High Low Volume
$38.95 $39.51 $38.81 220699
Last updated 15.59pm 19/11/2019 (live) ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.