Same bait for crays as crabs. One of the best baits I’ve found...

1. 28,230 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    Same bait for crays as crabs.
    One of the best baits I’ve found is blowfish ( puffer fish), works for all crustaceans.
    The bonus is that the blowies leave it alone so you don’t have to continually rebait.
    ————
    I never keep score on the recreational crays, over the year.
    I do the occasional count when the numbers in my freezer get up a bit.
    The wife’s friends, my friends, my mum and her friends, relations and even the odd group of backpackers ensure that I stay within the rules.

The joy in the people’s faces, when they eat a cray or just get a couple to put in their fridge is worth more than $15.
    I only eat them when we have visitors or my Bank account is skinny. Just after last Christmas we had a friend bring 3 Chinese business men up to visit, they each had a kilo plus cray, some deep sea crabs and my home made chips ( White Star spuds).
    One bloke kept trying to get me to eat some of his cray, I had to get my reply translated a couple of times before it sunk in.
    “ If you can’t finish it I’m giving it to the dogs as the cats don’t like it”.

They said that each meal that they had would be worth over $2k back home and it would be shared out between around a dozen people.
    I gave them 4 crays each to take back home with them, I think I may have free accomodation if I ever decide to visit their little backwater

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.