I won't put in my dunce entry(ies) for SGH as I'd have a pretty...

1. 213 Posts.
    I won't put in my dunce entry(ies) for SGH as I'd have a pretty good chance at winning - and I don't want to win, lol. It was the sort of stuff where you get sent down the front of the class in your big cone hat, told to face the blackboard and stand there with your arms raised above your head (try it - gets quite painful after a while and quite the punishment).

So anyway, I had a really decent position in another stock around the same time. From memory it was range bound around 90 cents. Then a profit upgrade and boom, straight to around $1.20. Next day boom again - open at around $1.45. It ended up going to around $2.35. How good is that? I didn't sell any because I was long lol (DUNCE #1).

So after all the euphoria it started to range again this time between about $1.50 and $1.80. Now SGH was really hurting me at the time so I decided that most of my other positions needed stop-losses though interestingly enough I never put one on SGH. So I planted one on this other stock at around $1.45 (DUNCE #2).

Anyway the market was waiting and waiting for another upgrade and when it became clear that one wasn't coming during a particular month the market threw the toys out and my stop-loss got hit. I think from memory it went back to around $1.20 for a very brief period and I didn't look for re-entry (DUNCE #3).

Anyway the stock went on eventually to get past $1.80, then $2.00, then $2.50 and then $3.00. I never posted on that forum but I'd go back to have a read from time to time and think things to myself like, "Good luck to you guys" and "Oh well ...".

By now I imagine that a few of you know exactly what stock I'm talking about ... A2M. Last traded at $7.13. If I see A2M on the top 5 on the ASX homepage I quickly avert my gaze and click somewhere else. I now avoid the A2M forum like the plague. I'm a pretty magnanimous guy but I really couldn't give a flying f*ck what those jokers have to say over there.

A2M has one of those charts that you look at and think to yourself, "... if only I was there at the beginning of that one ..." - but I was.

So definitely not the best entry on the thread, but certainly one worthy of a cone hat, desk, chair and a bit of solid reflection.
    Last edited by Joe Dohn: 22/10/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.