1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
PSA 18.5¢

september quarter revenues

1. jocam9

1,317 Posts.

Been trying to assess likely Sept Quarter net revenues to PSA and came up with a figure of around $8 million.

This is based on daily production of 15 mmcf multiplied by say an average price of $4.75 net to PSA gives a daily net revenue of $US71,250 and weekly revenues of $US 498,750. Allow 10 weeks of production (two weeks downtime due to rigging up and rigging down of drilling rig) and divided by 0.65 to convert to aussie dollars and you get roughly $A7.67 million.

Not quite sure what actual production rates are currently as we have not had any figures from the company for a while. Last I remember was when three wells were brought back into production after recompletions and company said daily rate was in excess of 25 mmcf.(cf press release 29 May)

It omitted to say whether these were gross or net but I am assuming they were gross and PSA 's share was closer to 15 mmcfpd. Monthly revenues for June were $US2.3 million (cf June quarter activity report) as conditions probably didn't change all that much in following months my estimate might be a little understated. In other words if monthly revenues since June were in the order of $US 2 to $US 2.3 million then Sept quarter net revenues could be closer to $A9.00 than $7 .00 million. Either way not a bad result for the September or summer quarter.

With at least one new well in production for the December quarter and prices likely to go higher as winter approaches (they are rising as we speak) December revenues are likely to be considerably higher.

Have to say that PSA's revenue stream and profit result were better than any of the 21 companies presenting at the Good Oil Conference in Perth. If the market valued PSA like it valued TAP, AWE, ARQ or AYO (they all presented) then its share price would have to be double what it is.

With results of West Cameron 343 #19 to be announced early next week, possibly even tomorrow, PSA to join the ASX/300 on 22 Sept and the new wells to be in production in October, current prices are unlikely to obtain for much longer. Oh and ROC expects to start drilling in China in mid November.

Be also interesting if PSA was to announce before too long that it had negotiated to take over Chevron's interests in Vermilion 245. That would make Petsec's Vermilion leases really interesting.

Thoughts anyone?

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.