Scientists and ...!, page-50

1. 7,648 Posts.
    Waffle, that's an interesting opinion you have put forward. Since none of us were there to verify or debunk what you say, I wonder why you prefer your opinion over what the Bible record says. It has proved to be the inherent inerrant word of God. Rather than worship Jehovah as the Creator the Egyptians honored all sorts of things as gods. The plagues that Jehovah brought on Egypt demonstrated the impotence of their so-called gods.

(Exodus 12:12) For I will pass through the land of Egypt on this night and strike every firstborn in the land of Egypt, from man to beast; and I will execute judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am Jehovah.

1 Nile and other waters turned to blood. Nile-god Hapi disgraced

2 Frogs. Frog-goddess Heqt powerless to prevent it

3 Dust turned to gnats. Thoth, lord of magic, could not help the Egyptian magicians

4 Gadflies on all Egypt except Goshen where Israel dwelt. No god was able to prevent it—not even Ptah, creator of the universe, or Thoth, lord of magic

5 Pestilence on livestock. Neither sacred cow-goddess Hathor nor Apis the bull could prevent this plague

6 Boils. Healer deities Thoth, Isis, and Ptah unable to help

7 Thunder and hail. Exposed the impotence of Reshpu, controller of lightning, and Thoth, god of rain and thunder

8 Locusts. This was a blow to the fertility-god Min, protector of crops

9 Three days of darkness. Ra, the preeminent sun-god, and Horus, a solar god, disgraced

10 Death of the firstborn including Pharaoh’s, who was considered to be a god incarnate. Ra (Amon-Ra), sun-god and sometimes represented as a ram, was unable to impede it

Jehovah will soon vindicate himself as the only true God in our day.

(Ezekiel 36:23) ‘I will certainly sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the nations, which you profaned among them; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘when I am sanctified among you before their eyes.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.