russell comments on bush

1. 374 Posts.
    Is Bush connected with Wall Street and the oil interests and big influence and power? Here are some items that I don't believe you'll read in too many places --

Great-grandfather George U. Walker was the president of two major New York investment firms -- G.H. Walker & Co. and W.A. Harriman and Co.

Grandfather Prescott Bush was the managing partner of Brown Bros. Harriman & Co.

Presidential uncles Jonathon and Prescott Jr. have been, respectively, the heads of small investment firms named J. Bush & Co. and Prescott Bush & Co.

Prescott Bush Jr. has also been closely involved with Asset Management International Financing and Settlement Ltd.

Presidential brother Marvin runs hedge funds at investment company Winston Partners.

Presidential brother Neil started an investment deal in Austin, and both George H.W. and George W. Bush have been in the kind of oil business that is largely driven by tax shelters and financing with friend and relatives.

And, of course, daddy Bush was a US president, but you already knew that.

Besides President Bush's problems with the SEC over his sale of Harken Energy stocks, his uncle, Scott Pierce, president of the old E.F. Hutton Co., pleaded guilty on behalf of the firm to kiting. Brother Neil was fined because of his culpability in the Silverado saving and loan debacle in Colorado in the 1980s.

So let me put it this way -- Bush and his family are associated intimately with Wall Street, big business, big power and oil. Does that have any influence on the President's thinking? I'll let you be the judge.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.